• Metall in Bestform.

History

2018

2018

Kirchhoff & Lehr adds a new manufacturing technology, the Lasertube, which is able to process open or closed profiles with dimensions between 12-120 mm. Tillmann Profil in Sundern puts into operation their 13th roll forming machine which is customized to serve a client in the transportation sector.

2017

2017

Tillmann Profil in Sundern expands its vertical range of manufacture by investing in a gripper feed.

2014

2014

Expansion of warehouse capacities at Kirchhoff & Lehr in Arnsdorf.

2013

2013

New production hall is built at Tillmann Werkzeugbau in Herdringen.

2011

2011

Additional roll forming machine (for material thickness up to 8mm) and new production hall introduced at the Sundern location.

2010

2010

Inauguration of a new production hall at the Leichlingen location.

2009

2009

Celebrations for the 100th anniversary of Tillmann Profil GmbH in Sundern. Building a new production hall and expanding the tool shop in Arnsdorf.

2008

2008

Acquisition of the company Bertrams in Leichlingen. It is now a subsidiary of Tillmann Profil in Sundern.

2003/2004

2003/2004

Tillmann Werkzeugbau receives EN ISO 9001:2000 and ISO/TS 16949:2002 certificate.

2001

Celebrations for the 100th anniversary of Kirchhoff & Lehr GmbH in Arnsdorf.

1997

1997

Tillmann Profil moves all operations from Dörnholthausen to Sundern.

1994

1994

Kirchhoff & Lehr in Arnsdorf puts into operation their new production site which took nine months of construction.

1991

1991

Tillmann Group participates in Kirchhoff & Lehr and celebrates this occasion with all employees and their families.

1990

1990

Privatization of Kirchhoff & Lehr to its former owners after the German reunification.

1988

1988

At Tillmann Werkzeugbau in Herdringen significant expansion of tool making by procuring CNC-driven lathes, milling machines and wire-cut EDM machines. Design & Engineering department switches over to CAD/CAM systems.

1984

1984

In Dörnholthausen Tillmann Profil celebrates the 75th anniversary. Addition of a 1,000 m² production hall with offices at Tillmann Werkzeugbau. By now four roll forming lines can cold-roll multiple types of material to create perforated profiles and three-dimensional bends.

1977

1977

Ferdinand Tillmann, Hans-Dieter Böhm and Günter Fingerhut found the independent company “Tillmann Werkzeugbau GmbH.” While initially focusing on the manufacture of cutting, punching and drawing tools, as well as equipment for third-party firms, they soon become aware of the value of in-house tool making in developing a parts manufacturing business. Since that time the company has been producing component parts and welded modules for the computer and automotive industries.

1975

1975

Tillmann Werkzeugbau establishes in Arnsberg-Herdringen with 10 employees, initially as a tooling department of Tillmann Profil in Sundern.

1971

1971

After Wilhelm Bertrams’ passing various shareholders and subsequent executive boards attempt a number of new strategies.

1964

1964

Operations in Dörnholthausen are almost entirely destroyed by a major fire. Subsequent reconstruction.

1961

1961

Acquisition of the first roll forming machine in Dörnholthausen.

1959

1959

50th anniversary of „Tillmann Metal Goods” (now Tillmann Profil in Sundern).   At Kirchhoff & Lehr in Arnsdorf the German Democratic Republic (GDR) acquires a stake in the company.

1945

After WW II the company needs a brand new start. New production halls are gradually built until the site in Leichlingen comprises four large halls and an office building covering a total of 20,000 m². The company now employs more than 160 workers.

1936

Wilhelm Bertrams buys a disused timber mill on Hochstraße and establishes the production facility that still exists today. The company promptly employs over 25 people.

1931

1931

Tillmann Metal Goods operations move from Sundern to neighboring Dörnholthausen. The son, Ferdinand Tillmann II, takes over the business.

1927

1927

Entrepreneur Wilhelm Bertrams (DOB 9/9/1899) founds the company “BER-LEI-FABRIKATE” in Leichlingen/Rhineland.

1909

1909

“Metal Goods Factory Aug. Pingel & Ferd. Tillmann” is founded in Sundern.

1901

1901

In Arnsdorf the two partners Kirchhoff and Lehr found the company of the same name.

1866

1866

Company founder Ferdinand Joseph Tillmann is born in Sundern.